On the 26 October 1967, 54-year-old Mr Angus Brooks, a former BOAC administrator for its Comet fleet, of Owermoigne was walking on Moigns Down at 11:25 am near Holworth close to the Dorset coast (a mile south of Owermoigne on the A354) with his two dogs in a force 8 gale and took shelter in a hollow. He then saw a circular translucent craft with a ‘girder’ to the front and three ‘girders’ pointing to the rear. The girders rearranged to form a cross shape around the central 25 ft diameter disc and then began to spin. Twenty two minutes later, the ‘girders’ went back to their original position and the craft sped off in a north-east direction.
Mr Brooks observed, “The sky was clear and I saw a very fine ‘con trail’ very high in the sky over the Portland area.” However, “This disappeared and then into view, descending at a very high rate from the same area came a craft which slowed to level out about a quarter of a mile to the south of me and at about 200-300ft.”
Brooks described the craft’s shape as consisting of a central-circular chamber with a leading fuselage at the front and three separate fuselages together at the rear. “On slowing to a stop, two of the rear fuselages moved into position at, the side of the craft and formed four fuselages in the form of a cross at equidistant position around the centre chamber.”
The ‘translucent” craft which “took on the colour of the sky above it and changed with clouds passing over it” remained visible for 22 minutes, making little noise, its hovering attitude seemingly unaffected by the strong wind, then climbing at an immense speed the craft sped off in an east-north easterly direction toward Winfrith.
The scene of the sighting was equidistant between Winfrith Atomic Station and the Portland Underwater Defence Station, and about a mile from a U.S, Air Force Communications Unit at Ringstead Bay. During the UFO’s descent and the period of hovering, Mr. Brooks’ two dogs were extremely agitated. The “flying cross” UFO hovered in the same position for 22 minutes before it prepared to take off.
“Two of the fuselages moved around to line up with a centre third,” reported Mr. Brooks, “and the ‘craft’ climbed with speed increasing . . . . The lead fuselage on departure was a different one to the arrival ‘lead.”
[Credit for central text: Joanna Davis, Dorset Echo].
Photo shows Mr Brooks’ description of what he saw.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *